Welcome to
fragments treasures memory



Wednesday, October 28, 2009

house blues...

Things aren’t exactly on top of the world in my neck of the woods since moving into our current home. Fragile...


It’s been a struggle since day one. I’m not a fan of focusing on the glass being half empty, but I’m feeling a little worn down and thought that it might do me some good to pour out some of my negative emotions to help clear my mind. That’s not an easy thing for me to do. I don’t sit comfortably in the position of vicitim.
I’ve been described as a private person, yet here I am blogging…
I too possibly would describe myself as a private person, or more that I choose to share my inner fears with few…. But here I am blogging…
I’ve made connections with people from around this big beautiful world of ours that I didn’t consider before I entered this domain.
In this domain you can share without burden. It’s therapeutic.
A little like art practice…. You can share your concepts without the concern that you are burdening anyone person as they can choose to view or not.


Okay so what is it that I’m feeling burdened by …. Almost every day since we moved here there has been an incident of sorts from power loss to robbery and it’s the attitude of the Estate Agent that’s wearing us down, me in particular as I’m the one dealing with them on a almost daily basis.
I’ve been renting since I was 17 and never before in my memory have I had an experience like this.

The up side of it all is that I know there is an up and I will continue to search for it. Actually I don't need to search very hard at all... I already know that it's an up that we didn't buy this place.
So what does all of this have to do with you?
I haven’t been visiting in blogland (or anywhere else) in the way that I would like to and therefore haven’t been able to participate in much giving and I need to forgive myself for that. I know you’ll forgive me.




best wishes








PS... I wrote the above a little time ago, but I still feel that it is of value. Some things have improved on our home front, but what has improved most is our attitude as we are determined not to be undermined by our current situation.


We have a twelve month contract that we will see to its end and then we intend to move on.

27 COMMENTS~THANK YOU:

Lori ann said...

I'm sorry honey, I hate that you have to go through this.

It sounds like your doing what you can do about it, dealing with the Agent, making future plans to leave.

I'd be angry and grumpy too, I hope sharing here has helped to get some frustration out. Or I hope you can find another way to do what you can and then let it go.

Maybe you can go push that agent in the lake.

kidding ;)

staceyjwarner said...

I'm sorry to hear robbery on your list...that is awful. There is nothing worse than robbery...It is such a violation.

I'm sending you love lots of love!

Don said...

I'm sorry for what you are going through. Of course we all forgive you because we are a big ol' family. (in the best possible way)

Caroline said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about this. Nothing is worse than having to deal with a nasty landlord & a robbery! Holy cow! Glad to hear that some things are improving... No worries on not blogging enough...

Cloudia said...

Sending you love and support from the Hawaiian sun-



Aloha, Friend!


Comfort Spiral

Sophia said...

I'm sorry to hear of all your struggles. Hang in there. Sending you lotsa love from here!

kj said...

ribbon, for starts, don't give one worry about not following my blog: i am hooked on you and not going anywhere!! really, i think you are a doll. everytime i come here and see that photo of you, you make me smile.

about the estate agent for whatever you call him. i hope you don't mind strong language in this one instance. fuck him. (how come renee can say this so balantly and here i am shrinking into my keyboard already?) is there no recourse for your grief? do you know my friend studio lolo? she has just gone through a similiar mess. you two could write a book together.

and what's with the robbery?

anyway, i know for certain you will be okay. and as for the blogs, i just don't get it. how do we feel so secure and loved and protected in this way? i'm accepting that it's real. at least i've come that far.

you are a doll, ribbon. it is my pleasure to know and care about it. so there!

xoxo

cinner said...

You know Ribbon, when there are all the problems you have had to deal with they should let you out of the contract. I would be furious, and vent all you want , thats what we are here for so you can be yourself. if you never had a bad day, you would not be human. What I am glad for is that you are safe and not hurt. Emotionally this is the shits. Big Hug and lots of well wishes to you.

Ribbon said...

Thank you so very much for all your kind words and support.
You guys are absolutely awesome... and how much fun would a party be that we could all attend.

best wishes and as my Mother would say... much love
Ribbon xoxo

Matthew said...

If anyone can come through this safely and squeeze through the other side, I have every faith that it's you.

Very best wishes. Thinking of you. x

Baino said...

Such a bugger when you get all excited about a move and it turns out to be a dud. You vent away poppet! We have broad shoulders. Wish I could have a good old whine but mine would be about work and I can't risk the troll bitch finding out! I guess the odds for improvement are in your favour after all that misfortune!

Angela Recada said...

I'm so sorry to read that you're still having problems with your home. It must just wear you out emotionally and physically to not have the comfort of a safe, problem-free place to lay your head at night. As a victim of robbery myself, many years ago, I know that feeling of insecurity will linger with you for quite a while. I'm so sorry.

Your estate agent sounds like a jerk, to say the least.

I join all your other blog-buddies in wishing you the best.

Hugs,
Angela

Lisa Gioia-Acres said...

You know what the beautiful thing about blogging is? It's the thoughtful support each of us bloggers receives from all corners of the world - like your wonderful, supportive and lovely words to me on my site.

We do not know one another, we become acquainted by seeing a profile picture and reading, as you so eloquently put it, "my internal map of reality," and we send out love and kindness to one another.

So, my blogging friend, I will think of you this day and your many trials and tribulations and my thougths, along with all of your other followers will help you get through this. Just as you have all helped me get through my trials. Peace and love. Lisa

Renee said...

Absolutely Ribbon you can move on then. But you will have a lot of good times here too.

You are sharing with us and I would never see you as a victim, only as a friend.

Love Renee xoox

Nature As Is said...

Oh Ribbon I'm so sorry to hear about your home and the stress your under daily with it. Yes it is a blessing that you did't buy that LEMON!! I'm proud that your seeing your 12month contract through I don't think I would...I would contest it because the living conditions aren't fit for anyone to live with or under. I hope that you can move on with a positve outlook when you look for your new home. Thinking warm and possitive thoughts for you.

Crista

Silly Girl said...

I am so sorry to hear about all of your troubles. I am glad you have a place to vent.

Sending you lots of good vibes and love!

Maithri said...

My friend,

Im sorry to hear about these struggles you've been going through but I also sense that you are far bigger than them all...

Sending you love and soft light to warm your day,

M

Joanna Jenkins said...

Ahh Ribbon, I am so sorry. It's so disappointing when things don't work according to plan. I hope they continue to improve and your manager gets an attitude adjustment.

Hang in there.
xo

Bella Sinclair said...

It's okay to vent every once in a while. In fact, it's downright healthy. I bet even Wonder Woman had a personal therapist.

I'm glad to see you are a survivor. Yes, things are looking up. And 12 months is much better than 3 to 5 years.

Much love.
xoxo

Shubhajit said...

Stick to your home..I can understand little bit of your problem as I'm also in rental fever for few years but it is better to be contented if we can't do anything..if we can then do the necessary action otherwise it is pretty disturbing by unwarranted problems.

nice to see you again after a long time.

lakeviewer said...

So, so sorry to hear about your woes. You have rights, and your Agent needs to pay you respectful attention. Love that you keep your positive attitude. Maybe, this time, you ought to get angry and demand that respect.

Ribbon said...

Thank you for all your attention...
your support is wonderful.

I very much appreciate the privelige of being able to be a part of the blogging world.

best wishes always
Ribbon xoxo

Lori ann said...

and much love! it must be a Mom thing!

i hope today was a better day, have a good weekend okay?
love AND hugs,
lori

Stoneweaver said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear this - but can relate to it. We have a similar situation with a property we are renting out - the tenants are ok but the agents are so rubbish. We too are locked in a contract and I got myself into a real state with them. But hubby was the voice of reason. Sometimes you just have to let it go and just do what you have to. That's what we are doing. It's a lesson. Part of life huh? But it sure is hard. I feel for you - and good for you that you are rising above it!

Maddie Grigg said...

Onwards and upwards.
With love from a chilly Dorset, England xx

willowtree said...

What kind of a rant is that?? I've written good news posts that have been less positive than that! Anyway, I'm glad you're getting somewhere.

RE agents are a pain in the arse for owners too. A bad one can really make things difficult.

Robin said...

Oh dear Ribbon - robbery? It doesn't sound like fun - have a good winge, I say. Bloody estate agents.