Welcome to
fragments treasures memory



Sunday, January 3, 2010

I love hearts....





I love hearts...
I see them everywhere, anytime, anyplace... literally.
It's been like that for me for a long while.
I see them in nature, I see them in man made objects, I see them everywhere, everyday.
Yes it's true (to me) that a day doesn't pass where I don't see a heart.
Have a look, I bet you'll see them too. From my perspective the world is plastered with them.

I wonder when we began to use a heart as a symbol for love?

Have you ever experienced a broken heart?

I have often wondered if the experience of a broken heart is a necessity. My life has certainly been made more colourful as a result of one. Do you think that it's possible to sail through life without one? Have you ever met anyone who hasn't had the experience of a broken heart?





One of the reasons I decided to talk about hearts today is that I dropped in to see Re-read and she's having another giveaway and that being a heart. I'm being a little greedy here as I've already had the pleasure of one of her beautiful birds.

I enjoy Re-reads blog and her creativity and you may like the pleasure too...

RE-read: See you round like a rissole

There's someone else in the blogging world who has a thing for hearts... if you missed this beautiful heartfelt post/photographs, you may like to visit here



Also... Julie-Ann Bowden



...I recently have had the pleasure of stumbling across an artist who paints and shares with love.

Heavenleigh Art by Julie-Ann Bowden is so generous that some of her beautiful work is available for free-downloads. Take time to visit and enjoy her recent paintings of Renee and her family. They're wonderful.



and in continuation with hearts and angels here's an Oracle Card from Doreen Virtue's pack for us all today....



See Only Love

"Look past the seeming errors, mistakes, and misunderstandings, and see only the love within each person (including yourself).
Your resolute focus upon the love that underlies every situation brings about healing in undreamed-of ways."




best wishes


PS... I only today have worked out how to put text onto a photo... yep it's silly but true :)
I don't have photoshop either...

27 COMMENTS~THANK YOU:

kj said...

i'll try this again with corrected spelling: :)

ribbon, this is a wonderful post.

i knew you would be taking me to lori's blog! i thought of her heart photos as soon as i began reading. and julie ann is a treasure. i can't wait to see her painting of renee's family.

ribbon, my heart was broken a little over a year ago and i can't recommend the experience to anyone for any reason. perhaps i will grow wiser and my heart and love will expand from it all, but i won't be surprised to carry the shards with me for most of my life.

my heart is still open, i can't imagine living with it closed, but a broken heart, whether it's from loss or betrayal or circumstance, hurts. i've read that you can't live fully until you're heart has been broken at least once. i'm still pondering that...

happy new year, heart sister! here's hoping for hearts everywhere. i will start looking and noticing, thanks to you.


kj

Dragonfly said...

Congratulations - I have not figured out how to put text on photos yet!!! ;-)
Beautiful post, and I think love can be so much better after experiencing a broken heart - sadly you have to go through the pain first though!
Happy New Year!

Steven Anthony said...

I think everyone gets a broken heart at some point in time, it is a right of passage ..... love how you see hearts in everything around;)

peace

REread said...

very cool ... thanks for the plug :)

Kathleen said...

I could've sworn I fixed that typo before I hit the publish button!
....................
This is soooooo beautiful!

I see hearts, too, every time I go beach-combing along the shores of Lake Superior. It's as if they jump out at me. I LOVE it. And I always give one to one of my beloveds when I return.

I like your question. I don't think I've met anyone who hasn't had a broken heart. I have met some who've not recovered from one.

I love what Thich Nhat Hanh says about how we much experience sorrow so that we can learn compassion.

I don wonder, though, how many broken hearts a person can endure.

Indrani said...

Broken hearts are a part of life and relationships... no complaints about them. :)

Have a great year ahead!

Renee said...

Fantastic Ribbon.

Julie-Ann is amazing, so amazing. Thank you for talking about her here. She is the sweetest person.

Do you know Manon, she also has hearts in all of her paintings, or nearly all.

Love Renee xoxo

Ribbon said...

kj...
there's no doubt about it, that a broken heart hurts... and it's hell when you're in it, but you can't help but grow from the experience, I think.

big love to you heart sister :)

Dragonfly...
happy new year to you too and yes i think i have a better understanding of love due to the contributions of a broken heart.

Steven Anthony...
peace be with you too :)

Re-read...
my pleasure :)

lakeviewer said...

You know how to put text on a photo? Amazing skill.

Love your heart.

YogaGal in the NW said...

Beautiful post Ribbon. You made my heart fill just reading it and your comment on my blog.

Hugs and Happy New Year!

Lori ann said...

i love hearts too pretty girl, yours is one of my favorites.

this is such a sweet post with so much to ponder. thank you for all the links, i'll go to all of them.

i think a broken heart (which i've had more than once) is more beautiful when it mends, kind of like a mosaic, all the pieces coming together in a facinating patchwork that is personal and individual, no two the same. and i really love imperfection, so i am happy for my mended, imperfect,interesting heart.

big love to you sweetie,
lori

Baino said...

I once had to do a 'photo' exercise finding hearts in nature and had a bugger of a time! Yours are lovely and thanks for the link to Julie Ann's blog, how generous is she giving her art away? Unbelievable.

As for broken hearts . . .hmmm . . I wonder if I still have a heart sometimes! I can vouch that we do need to experience sorrow to have compassion. Those with the biggest hearts have also had them broken.

ruma2008 said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 TO YOU!

I bless you and yours splendid departure!!

From the Far East.
ruma

AJ "Rohzi" Ellington said...

I loved this posting.

Hearts are such a universal symbol. Perhaps because it has been assigned to the term "love," and "love" is also a universal existence.

I have yet to meet someone who hasn't dealt with a broken heart, and as excruciating as that experience can be, I think I've learned to appreciate that experienced pain. Having remembrance of such a hurtful place in time only intensifies the moments when your heart is NOT broken. : - )

The Things We Carried said...

I love hearts too. nicely done! I have never met someone whose heart has not been broken.

Thank you for your very sweet words to me at my blog!

Cloudia said...

What a filling post today!

Your heart was broken to grow wider, fuller.

I see hearts too, like here:


So nourishing..Aloha, Friend!


Comfort Spiral

Annie said...

Hi Ribbon. I love hearts too and use them a lot in my ceramics. I love Julie-Ann's work and think the painting she did for Renee is awesome. This is a beautiful post.
xoxo

Sophia said...

Julie is an amazing artist. I have just started to follow her recently as well! :)

Ah love...I think I shall not touch on this subject too much. It has defintely done me wrong way too many times, leaving me fearful to trust anyone again.

Love you and all you do. Your blog is incredibly inspiring to this little heart trying to survive across the miles.

xo

Ribbon said...

Kathleen...
I love it that you see hearts too.
I like your question and I'm unsure of the answer.
I've had my heart broken more than once and I'm certainly not up for it again in a hurry :)

Indrani...
love what you're saying here... no relationship no broken heart... a part of life :)
best wishes for the new year to you too.

Renee...
the pleasure is all mine.
her work is fantastic and I absolutely love the painting of your family... It's brilliant!

Ribbon said...

lakeviewer...
i'm so happy that you blog
love your heart

Yogagal...
hugs and happy new year to you too

Lori...
i love what you have said here... your description is beautiful.
i shared it with a friend at picnic today who has been nursing a broken heart.

Baino...
I know that you have a big beautiful heart x

Matthew said...

I think it says good things about a person who sees hearts everywhere they look......

Suldog said...

Nice collection of stuff to peruse.

I've had a broken heart, more than once, but not for a long, long time now. I hope I'm not overdue.

Holly said...

My Dear Ribbon:
This is my first opportunity to come for a visit and be with you for awhile. I wish you a Happy, heart filled year ahead.

To your question: No, if you wish to be Human, you must know the pain of a broken heart in order to have it expand to its new size of allowing in more love.

I am glad you see hearts everywhere. And, I'm even more glad that I found you and can spend time with you.

Love from your Friend,
Holly

Mr. Charleston said...

Thanks for stopping by my place Ribbon. It's always nice to meet new friends. I believe you would enjoy Stacy's blog: http://staceyjwarner.blogspot.com/
check it out. Somehow I think you will hit it off.

Renee said...

I am going for part 2 of the sleep saga, wish me luck. Oh and I just ate a yoghurt, yahoo.

Goodnight dear friend, God Bless you.

Love Renee xoxo

layers said...

I was just going to comment that I recently found a heart shaped rock on my beach when I clicked on your link to loritimesfive.blogspot.com and that is what she posted as well--

beth said...

I'm a heart looker/searcher too and find them everywhere !