Welcome to
fragments treasures memory



Wednesday, January 6, 2010

pondering Suffering...




Visitors Warning for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders that there is an image included in these writings that may show deceased persons as it was taken ten years ago. Please be assured that my intentions are honourable.
Please with my whole heart I beg you not to steal this image as to do so would go beyond a simple act of theft.


In answer to a question that has been asked on more than one occasion …



Why Suffering?


This is my take on it...

To learn compassion we experience suffering.

We suffer more to learn more.

Compassion begins at home.
Home is where the heart lives.
Until we love ourselves completely we will continue to suffer.

(ask yourself how you can love yourself, rather than why you don't)

I have suffered less than some and more than others and this seems to be the way of the world.


Why do children need to suffer?....








I don't believe that they do need to suffer, but suffer as a direct result of broken adults.

All adults

no matter what your race or culture.



It's a vicious circle that begins and ends with us.

Each and every move that we make has an impact on someone and something.

We do need to watch our words and actions for the sake of ourselves and others.
As a wise man once said...

"be what you want the world to be"...

it begins with you.



You are extremely important.



Let's reshape our world together to one that provides for us all. I believe that this is possible and that there is no other direction to take.

If life was meant to be difficult then we would all sit comfortably in that position, but we don't.

We are constantly seeking or creating change.



You are not alone...


below is a quote taken from the comments section on my post 'I love hearts' that I feel says a lot.
It was written by Lori...

"i think a broken heart (which i've had more than once) is more beautiful when it mends, kind of like a mosaic, all the pieces coming together in a facinating patchwork that is personal and individual, no two the same. and i really love imperfection, so i am happy for my mended, imperfect,interesting heart."

Imperfection is something that we all have in common.


Forgiveness is something that we all need to share. A good place to start is with yourself.


best wishes always from someone who is forever learning to live her life through the eyes of love

29 COMMENTS~THANK YOU:

Steven Anthony said...

It all begins with "me"

well said, this post was much needed today...thank you my friend

lakeviewer said...

Most thoughtful and profound post, Ribbon. I appreciate your comments on my blogs too, and feel strongly that souls connect across the universe.
I left a comment for you on my blog.

kj said...

ribbon, this post is one of very very few that i will read over and over, will copy and place somewhere i can be reminded.

do you know that getting to know you better is one of my hopes for 2010? anyone reading what you have written here would understand why. thank you, ribbon.

what i like most is that you are never one bit sappy in your wisdom and encouragement here.

lakeviewer's comment about souls connecting across the universe--after seeing how so many of us form a cosmic protective shield for renee, how can we doubt it? i've come to believe (re-believe) in the power of miracles from knowing and loving renee, and tonight you have clinched that belief for me.

i'm glad to know you, ribbon. i think you're great.

love
kj

kj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cloudia said...

Applauding this wonderful, rich post!



Aloha, Friend!


Comfort Spiral

Holly said...

My goodness, Ribbon! The Divine moved through you this posting. Thank you for sharing such depth and truth. It is lovely. Like you.

Stoneweaver said...

A touching and heartfelt post. I'm listening - I'm learning. Thank you.

Lori ann said...

There is no doubt in my heart that your intentions are honourable.

Have you heard of Ubuntu Ribbon? It seems to me that you are a beautiful example of this favorite philosophy of mine.

A person with Ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others, does not feel threatened that others are able and good, for he or she has a proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a greater whole and is diminished when others are humiliated or diminished, when others are tortured or oppressed.
Archbishop Desmond Tutu

the essence of being human, Ubuntu. That's you.

thank you for honoring me.
♥ lori

staceyjwarner said...

ribbon,

this was beautiful and profound. i have found myself in tight corners lately looking towards the sky to find peace.

there is so much happening in life, keeping it straight takes so much effort and letting go.

thank you and i do treasure you.

much love

cinner said...

You indeed are a wonderful soul, it all begins with me, a great reminder for me today. Big hug to you my friend. I took a photo yesterday Ribbon and it had a heart in it. thanks

nice said...

Deep and sensitive text;Happy New Year!

CambridgeLady said...

On a busy day, when I really shouldn't be catching up with blogs and ought to be getting on with work (!!), I was drawn to your post and I'm so glad I was. This is really powerful and thoughtful writing - one to be bookmarked. Thank you xx

Renee said...

Absolutely beautiful Ribbon. And Lori's comment is so insightful.

Love Renee xoxo

kj said...

jeez, did i clutter up your comments. i tried to blog from my couch last night and ended up in a wrestling match with my wireless service and blogger.

i didn't really mean to say the same thing four times. :)

ubuntu. i strive for that.

love
kj

Ces said...

Hello Ribbon,
Yes, I agree. Children need not suffer because of broken adults who themselves were broken children. We shall continue suffering because we are humans and we are not gods but I have no tolerance for idiots and morons who make our lives miserable, but who are we to exclude them? We need entertainment except when children animals and even other adults suffer as a consequence, we wonder why we tolerate them. Because we are humans and we forgive.

Happy New Year Ribbon! Thank you for all your visits to my blog, I always think of your pretty smiling face every time you visit.

Baino said...

Very wise words. I really have nothing to add other than I firmly believe in the power of one, that becomes contagious and leads to the power of a group, before long, it's the voice of a mob and eventually the crowd assembled can affect change. Such a shame that suffering is an insufferable part of the human condition.

The Awakened Heart said...

If not now, when?
If not me, who?

I don't know who wrote that but I try to remember that every day.

becky at abbeystyle said...

Thank you, Ribbon, for your thoughtful discussion...this is a good time of the year for introspection and discussing our deepest connections.

miruspeg said...

Very wise and heartfelt post Ribbon. :)
I also read your comment over at sixtyfivewhatnow about the blogging community.
So many of us are on the same path walking hand in hand.....learning, loving, laughing.
Bless you and take care and keep safe.
Peggy xxxx

Julie-ann Bowden said...

Oh, I loved this post! Thank you for sharing this wise and wonderful message! Love all around!

Hugs!

Julie

Joanna Jenkins said...

Wow, I didn't expect this today but it's powerful and lovely and perfect.
Thanks Ribbon.
xo

kj said...

ribbon, i've just received four emails from you, including two duplicates.

it's working.

Eternally Distracted said...

An amazing post - I am very glad I popped by today. Thank you

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Anonymous said...

I will not acquiesce in on it. I think polite post. Specially the designation attracted me to review the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I dream the list inform should have more info then it has.