Welcome to
fragments treasures memory



Friday, November 25, 2011

a bit of broken heart

I feel a little bit lost today. 
A bit of a broken heart. 
I'm grieving.
My much loved hound is no longer with me. 
It hurts.
As of yesterday Harry is resting in peace. He was 18.
I miss him very much. I wish, I dream, I shed tears.
We all miss him.


He'll be greeted by other loved ones.  They know how much I loved him.

23 COMMENTS~THANK YOU:

quilterliz said...

G'day Robyn. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your lovely Harry. I have no great words of wisdom that will ease the pain you feel.My thoughts are with you. Take care. Liz...

Cinner said...

Oh Robyn I am so sorry for the loss of Harry. 18 years is a long time, he looks like he was lots of fun. sending you a big hug and hoping your heart heals and remembers all the lovely moments. hugs, your friend.

Lori ann said...

:(

((((((xoxoxo))))))

i'm so sorry. oh gosh that is so hard. sending love dear robyn.

willowtree said...

My sincere condolences.

Elizabeth said...

So sad when one's beloved animals can no longer be with us and delight us with their joy.
Sending you much love.
18 was a splendidly long run !
HUGS

kj said...

i am so sorry for your loss, roybn. 18 years. how much of your life that is. one thing i will tell you with almost absolute certainty: you will see harry waiting and wagging for you, in the world beyond worlds.

this kind of love cannot be aptly spoken, i know that. but harry lives within you, always.

love
kj

Hilary said...

So sorry for the loss of your sweet dog.

Lyn said...

Robyn, I can only imagine the sadness that comes with losing a member of your family. He must have loved you alot to stick around for 18 years! Hugs.

Cloudia said...

Bless your dear sweet heart
and your dear sweet friend!



Aloha from Honolulu

Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>

< ° ) } } > <

miruspeg said...

When our animals leave us they leave a huge gap in our lives.
It will take quite a while to remember that he is not at home anymore, waiting patiently and with a smile on his face....but you had 18 gloriously years of memories to look back on, which will help a wee bit.

Take care Robyn and I'll be sending loads of love and light your way.
Peggy xxxxxxxxxx

Baino said...

OH Robyn. I'm sitting here alone on a Saturday night. Blue because I have nothing to do, nowhere to go, feeling deserted and unloved save for the large golden labrador at my feet. She is half my heart and my constant companion, the thought of life without her doesn't bear thinking about. So sorry about Harry. 18 is a good innings and I'm sure he's running spritely and pain free on some celestial beach. Big hugs.

Angela E. Gambrel said...

I am so sorry about your loss. I lost my cat in 2009 and I still miss her, even though I have another cat. Animals can really make us feel loved.

{{{Hugs}}}
Angela

Holly said...

All of us who have loved and said good bye to our beloved animals are holding you and your tears close. We know how it is and we wish we could make it better. But I would not take away your tears because each one speaks volumes of how important Harry is/was to your life.

I love you.

secret agent woman said...

I'm so sorry. Wow - 18 years is a good long life for a dog - I'm sure you'll miss him terribly.

Stoneweaver said...

Oh no - so sorry to hear your news. These much loved pets become one of the family and I know how it hurts to lose one. Sending love and hugs.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Oh Robyn, I am so very sorry. Losing Harry is so sad. Sending hugs.
xoxoxo jj

Candice Herne said...

Hi Robyn so sorry to hear about your dog Harry. So sad we just got a dog and I now can't imagine life without him! I also wanted to say how much I like your paintings. keep going! Happy Birthday! Candyxx

Mim said...

So sorry to hear about Harry.....losing a loved dog is just so hard.

Annie said...

Robyn, I am so very sorry. You know I know how much this hurts. I dreamed of my boy last night and it helps. Sending big, giant hugs.
xoxo

Angela Recada said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your sweet hound. Sending you big hugs and lots of love.
xoxoxo

Amanda said...

oh i am so sorry robyn.....what a lovely boy he seems from his foto and 18 is a remarkable age - but i am sure you are aching from the loss. goddess bless

Cherie said...

Oh feeling your absolute loss Robyn, words don't express the sadness, please take care of Your gorgeous self. ♥♥

Shrinky said...

Oh gosh, my heart twisted up as I read this. What a beauty he was, his personality shines through from that lovely snapshot. I am so sorry Robyn. ((x))